Frozen Automated Storage & Picking System in Israel
The customer’s needs:
Baladi is a manufacturer, importer, distributor and marketer of meat, fish, vegetbables and other frozen products. The company is establishing a new logistic center on a freenfield at Timurim industrial park, Kiriat Malakhi, Israel.
Baladi’s new logistic center is designed for receing (free and bonded), storage, order picking, distribution and other activities such as production, company headquarters, etc. It has been decided to implement in the logistics center an automated system based on carrier & shuttles for frozen pallets, including an order picking system for frozen catons.
Operation buildings with four floors:
The building consists of 4 building floors connecting at each level to the frozen pallets high bay warehouse (HBW). Connecting at the 1st floor to receiving and distribution gates; connecting at the 2nd floor to a free standing cartons warehouse & picking area; connecting at the 3rd & 4th floor to a production area.
This project includes the design, engineering, integration, installation and commissioning of the following automated systems:
1) Automated frozen (-20℃) pallets storage and retrieval system based on shuttle technology in free standing high bay warehouse for all floors (hereinafter: HBW).
2) Picking system for pallets at the 2nd floor - picking (+4℃).
3) Automated frozen (-20℃) cartons storage and retrieval (hereinafter: ASRS) based on miniload technology on free standing HBW.
4) Picking system for cartons at the 2nd floor- picking (+4℃).
5) Automated Guided Vehicle system (hereinafter: AGV) at the 2nd floor-picking system for the transfer of empty pallet and order pallets.
6) Control system for the operation and integration of the automated system (WCS + MFC).
All the system and sub-systems included in this proposal will be apadted to operate in the temperateure of each zone +4℃/-20℃ as required, including all auxiliary equipment linked to the systems mentioned in this project.
Advantages for the customer:
The construction of the logistic center carefully adapted to suit their needs, the use of cutting-edge technology in storage system, the automation of all processes and the implementation of management software WMS have all allowed Hayat Kimya to meet their goals of increasing productivity and improving customer service with the utmost efficiency an at the lowest possible cost.
The following are some of the advantages experienced immediately:
Reduction in the time needed for all goods movement operations.
Large increase in the number of movements of goods in and out of storage.
Uninterrupted operation: The system of entry and dispatch is in operation 24hours a day, seven days a week, and in peak periods, is capable of handling up to 400 incoming pallets/hour, and 450 outgoing pallets/hour, with an average of 6500pallets coming in and 7000 pallets leaving each day.
Integrated goods receipt, preparation and dispatch processes thanks to the management WMS.
Storage Capactiy: 14509 pallets
Warehouse Height: 28.5 height
Warehouse Type: Conventional Structure
Carrier & Shuttle: 38sets
Carrier Rail System
Conveyor System for pallets