High-rack warehouses is divided into Integral Warehouse and Separated Warehouses dividing according to architectural forms.
1. Integral Warehouse, also known as clad-rack warehouse. The rack is both a component for storing goods and a building load bearing component, it supports the roof on the upper part and surrounded by insulation wall panels on all sides to form a warehouse building. This structure is relatively economical and logical in terms of material consumption, construction volume and use of warehouse space. This structure is light in weight, good in integrity, and particularly resistant to earthquakes.
2. Separated Warehouses. Shelves are built separately in the warehouse building and separated from the building. This form is applicable to use the original construction as warehouse, while the height of the warehouse is less than 12 meters, and ground load is not big, adoption of this form is more convenient. Due to this form of warehouse build the warehouse firstly, then the shelves, so installation is flexible and convenient.
Diving the high rack warehouse according to the height of warehouses
This method can be divided into three types: high-level, middle-level and bottom-level. Generally, five meters and below is the bottom layer. 5-12m is the middle floor, and 12m and above is the high floor. In terms of the height of the high rack warehouse, 10-20 meters is generally considered to be better abroad, with a maximum of 40-45 meters. The vast majority of warehouses in the United States are 13-18 meters in height, with only 10% above 18 meters, more than 30 m even less. In Japan, because of many earthquakes, warehouses are generally low and relatively small. China's current building design fire protection codes define mechanized or automated controlled high-bay warehouses with shelf heights exceeding 7m as high-rack warehouses.
High rack warehouse generally belongs to distribution type of warehouse, in this kind of warehouse, all sorts of goods first respectively in the form of goods units are stored in the shelves.
While discharge form warehouse, it always requires to select the different goods in different quantities according to the requirements of the orders, form a new goods units, and sent to where it is needed for use. The typical example of stereoscopic warehouse is the distribution center. In addition to high-level shelves, such warehouses generally have relatively large optional operating areas.
Characteristics of High Rack Warehouse
1. Maximize the use of space and reduce floor space. The warehouse where the goods are accessed manually is about 2m high. The warehouse with ordinary forklift can reach 3-4 meters, but the required aisle needs more than 3 meters wide. This kind of warehouse is used to store mechanical and electrical parts, and the storage capacity per unit area is generally 0.3 ~ 0.5t / m². The highest level of high-rack warehouses has reached more than 40 meters, and its unit storage capacity is much higher than that of ordinary warehouses. A 15-meter-high rack warehouse stores mechanical and electrical parts and outsourced parts. Its unit area storage capacity can reach 2 ~ 15t / m².
2.The largest meet the needs of production. High-rack warehouses can form advanced production chains and promote productivity improvements. Professionals point out that due to the high storage and retrieval efficiency of the automated high-rack warehouse, it can effectively link the production links outside the warehouse, and can form an automated logistics system in the storage, thereby forming a planned and organized production chain, which greatly increases productivity.
3.Improve the level of warehouse management. With the help of computer management, the storage capacity in the warehouse can be effectively used, it is convenient to inventory stocktaking, reasonably reduce the inventory, and save working capital. For the semi-finished product warehouse in the production process, it can also track the semi-finished product and become an integral part of enterprise logistics.
4. Prevent the loss of goods and reduce damage. Due to the use of shelf storage and computer management, FIFO can be easily achieved, preventing natural aging, deterioration, and rust of the goods, effectively preventing the loss of goods and reducing damage to the goods.
5. High rack warehouse can meet special work needs. The overhead warehouse system requires very few workers and system maintenance personnel, and can better meet the needs of special occasions such as dark, toxic, and low temperature.