Let's take a test first.
Which of the following two warehouse layout plans is better?
Can't got you?
Then let's look at the two contrast maps. Which layout is better?
What is the most time-consuming operation in warehouse operation?
There is a general statistic, if the total workload is 100%, then the distribution is as follows:
Put Away: 15%
Inspection, Packaging and Dispatch: 20%
Most of the warehouse's activity are taken by picking operation. How to optimize the picking is very important to the warehouse's operation efficiency.
If the warehouse is large enough, then the division work of labor for different regions’ picking is necessary. However, the division of labor will lead to the downstream operation of merging pallet. Hence, another important thing for picking, especially for handling and moving is the layout of warehouses. Nowadays, most industrial enterprises pay insufficient attention to warehouse layout.
1. Location determination:
Generally, it should be arranged according to the procedures of receiving, inspection, storage, picking and dispatching.
Location is determined according to operation frequency, the more higher frequency, the more close to the door.
2. Product size determination:
Location size is related to the utilization ratio of warehouse space, as well as to the smooth retrieval of products. Location size depends on the clearance size aside around the product, and also on the total amount of single material required during the peak season.
Pay attention to cargo throughput (large throughput should be placed in the position of the shortest moving distance, including the main channel, lower cargo location).
3. Functional regionalization:
It refers to the comprehensive and reasonable arrangement of each component of warehouse - inventory area, warehousing inspection area, organization area, distribution area, aisle and auxiliary operation area within the prescribed scope.
a. Classified storage according to the characteristics of goods, and centralized storage of goods with similar characteristics;
b. Store the goods with large unit volume and weight at the bottom of the racking, and put them close to the storage area and aisle;
c. Store the goods with high turnover rate in the most convenient location for loading, unloading and handling in and out of the warehouse;
d. Store the goods of the same supplier or customer in a centralized way so as to facilitate sorting and distribution operations.
1. Linear type, the entrance and exit are opposite to the warehouse, regardless of the size of the order and the size of the picking goods, they must pass through the whole warehouse, which is suitable for the logistics operation with simple operation process and small scale.
2. Double-Linear type, the entrance and exit are opposite to the warehouse, but there are two paths, which are suitable for similar operation process, but there are two different logistic types of incoming and outgoing goods.
3. Sawtooth type, entrance and exit in different sides of the warehouse, the route is sawtooth, usually suitable for multi-row parallel storage area;
4. U type, the entrance and exit are on the same side of the warehouse. According to the frequencies of incoming and outgoing goods, the goods with large volume of logistics are arranged in the storage area near the entrance and exit, so as to shorten the picking and handling routes of the goods.
5. The shunt type is suitable for the shunt operation of batch picking.
1. Aisle type, access to the inbound area, access between warehouses (goods location);
2. The direction, width and quantity of the aisle should be no less than 4 meters for automobile passage and no less than 3.6 meters for forklift passage.
3. Make the goods in and out of the warehouse move in one direction and in a straight line to avoid the inefficient operation of reverse operation and dramatically changing direction.
4. Soft materials can be used to wrap the places that are easy to bump into during handling (corner, column, etc.).
Goods stacking refers to the general term of operation mode and method of goods stacking. It is a method of stacking goods in various shapes according to certain rules like the requirements of packaging, shape and storage of goods, combined with the conditions of warehouse equipment and storage time.
1. Basic requirements for cargo stacking
(1) The quantity, quality and packing of goods must meet the requirements when they are formally stacked;
(2) The stacking yard should be dry and padded high, so pallets can be used for the convenience of mechanical handling.
(3) The basic requirements of stacking: reasonable, firm, quantitative, neat and economical.
2. Ways of stacking goods
3. Matters needing attention in cargo stacking:
Put the product as high as possible to improve the efficiency of storage.
The principle of "laying stress on the bottom while neglecting the top";
The location is selected according to the outgoing frequency.
The principle of keeping the same variety in the same place;
The principle of easy identification;
The principle of convenient points;
Arrange storage method according to shape.
The goods are easy to scratch or hurt, and the pallets need foam board protection.
When stacking goods to prevent rolling, it is necessary to consider whether the goods will be injured.